PIALA TTAM - BATTLE OF TEH TARIK 2015
Date : 24th 25th October, 2015
Venue : Quill City Mall, Concourse Area
Tea Trade Association of Malaysia (TTAM), a non-government, non-profit organisation, has been, since its inception in 1956, through its concerted efforts, promoting, encouraging interaction, co-operation and development of tea trade and culture besides carrying out social responsibility.
Teh Tarik is one of the unique authentic Malaysian Cultures that has transcended beyond race, culture and play a significant role in the daily lives of an ordinary Malaysian.
A Teh Tarik session is an occasion for gathering with colleagues, friends and family irrespective of their race and religion and is considered as a common ground for Malaysians to come together where they bond and share ups and downs in life. It provides a platform for the different races to interact.
Smooth and refreshing, it is a symbol of peace and forbearance. Discussions over a cup of Teh Tarik is more likely to generate amenity, respect and understanding that are needed to solve problem or resolve conflicts.
Teh Tarik has also surpassed its roadside days and found its way into restaurants, shopping malls and coffee house in five star hotels.
Following the successful inaugural Piala TTAM- Battle of Teh Tarik 2014, TTAM would be organising the Piala TTAM- Battle of Teh Tarik 2015 on 24th and 25th October 2015 at Concourse, Quill City Mall, Jalan Sultan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, together with Malay Businessmen & Industrialists Association of Malaysia (PERDASAMA), Malaysian Muslim Restaurant Owners Association (PRESMA), Malaysian Indian Restaurant Owners’ Association (PRIMAS), Petaling Jaya Coffeeshop Association (PJCA). Award Presentation Gala Dinner will be held on 25th October 2015.
1. To promote the natural and healthy TEH Tarik as a favourite national drink
2. To reinforce Malaysia’s unique TEH Tarik cultural heritage
3. To foster greater unity and more transparent communication not only among Malaysians but also foreign visitors
4. To communicate the message “Unity Through Diversity” in an effort to promote national unity and advancement of civil society
5. To showcase and promote the unique Malaysian Teh Tarik Culture to the international community in a bid to attract more foreign tourist arrival.